Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Garden Tea


Garden Tea (manure tea) is a great treat for your plants.  Garden Tea conditions the soil allowing plant roots to absorb more nutrients.  All you need is a container that you can easily pour out of and some dried grass clippings, wood shavings, hay, rabbit and/or chicken manure.  You can add what you have but make sure all ingredients are dried.  Compact your your mixture in container and add water a few inches above mix and let sit until you have a light brown tea.  Depending on location of container and temperature outside it could take anywhere from 3 to 10 days.  I really pack in my tea ingredients in my container so it is easy to pour and I always get clear tea without using any strainers.  I like to add full strength Garden Tea to my plants and then give them a light spray but you can dilute your tea if you want.  Just like any fertilizer use only every 10 to 14 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment